Engineering Manager This Is You!
• You have built and managed competent team of 10-15 top-notch engineers
• You can question the right questions at right time to right audience to ensure the architecture laid by your team members are rock solid for the purpose
• You will be required to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer-term vision and motivation.
• You will create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
• Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback. You are their default mentor.
• You will work with designers, business analysts, operations and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
• You perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly
• evolving organizations You will define system architecture and tactical solutions for product delivery.
• You will Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development processes
• You will promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standard of ethics and integrity
• You strive for continuous process improvement and innovate
• You have deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
• You possess a deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
• Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
• Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time
And This Is Us
• We're a young, growing Web Team of 150+ within a 55,000 strong, multi billion leading retail and hospitality conglomerate
• We're headquartered in Dubai, UAE and Bangalore, India
• Our Group's nearly 42 years old and we're 6
• We're dead serious about design and the UX -- they always go first
• We've become a lot better at Product -- Product Strategy, Product Design, Product • Management, Product Engineering and Product Marketing -- and still working at it
• We've already redesigned 13 websites for our Group
• Our online retail business website LandmarkShops.com just completed its 2 years.
• Our newer divisions include Operations, Warehouse, Merchandising, Content
• Management, Copywriting, Photography, Finance and HR
• Our salaries are competitive while our benefits are some of the best in the industry • We have an awesome open-plan office with plenty of natural light and lofty ceilings • We're 99% Mac and 1% Windows (it's all about balance)
• We have a PlayStation, Table Tennis and Pool Table, with competitive players to Match
About Our Group
The Landmark Group, founded in 1973, has a diverse portfolio of retail and hospitality brands. It has successfully grown into one of the largest and most successful retail conglomerates in the MENA region with an entrepreneurial culture focused on delivering exceptional value
The Group employs over 55,000 people, and operates over 2,400 outlets across 21 countries in the Middle East, North Africa and India Subcontinent.
The Group offers an attractive, tax-free compensation salary, annual incentive, benefits including family medical and annual family return tickets, and an opportunity to grow your leadership career with an strategic team within one of the most successful and fastest growing retailers in the region